Department of Training & Placements
Industry Relations & Initiatives
- iSpark program by INFOSYS Technologies – 300 students visited Infosys Hyderabad campus understanding the real world industry expectations.
- MOU with ORACLE ACADEMY to offer Advanced Computer Science courses on campus.
- Research and Mobile Applications Development Lab (RMD LAB) initiative in association with CSI - Computer Society of India.
- MOU with Deskstream Technologies, Hyderabad to collaborate on cloud computing.
- Established Incubation center in association with JKC to encourage Entrepreneurship.
- MOU with Monster India & Manipal group iRize for assessment & placements.
- MOU with EnhanceEdu – An initiative in collaboration with IIIT Hyderabad to improve teaching methodologies through effective usage of technology.
Rankings & Achievements
- Ranked among the top premier Engineering colleges in Andhra Pradesh.
- SVC student secured All India top ranks in GATE and other competitive exams.
- Our students among Top 10, in JNTUA Examinations.
- Our students achieved many awards and prizes in National Level Technical contests conducted by various premier institutions like SVU, VIT, JNTUH, JNTUA and other Universities.
- SVC engineering students have developed an Online campus radio – svcollegesradio.info, which has acclaimed great buzz not only in the campus but also other engineering colleges in the state.
The students are motivated and encouraged right from their first year, to take up suitable and simple projects of any nature and dimension. This is intended to inculcate in them, a creative bent of mind, a scientific temper and knowledge of procedures and practices, with a view to eventually molding them into thinking as well as practical engineers. The projects may be individual or group exercises. Ample opportunities are available to the students to avail themselves of extra class and lab facilities for self-improvement through sharpening of their communication and soft skills.
Fruitful Dialogue with Industries
The industries offer the following activities which facilitate the creation of knowledge-driven, highly skilled young professionals by inculcating great values, work-ethics and leadership skills in them.
- Industry Participation in Curriculum Planning
- Continuing Education and Internship for Faculty
- Industrial Training for Students
- Projects Consultancy
- Collaborative Programs with Industry
- Guest lecturers from Industry
- Student Counselling and Guidance
- Student Career Development
- Entrepreneurship Development Program
Student Counselling and Guidance
Student counselling has been specifically formed. About 10-15 students are assigned to each teacher to be guided, motivated and counseled in academic and other matters.
Special workshops and sessions are held on a regular basis and the resume preparation and tips to face interviews are successfully furnished. This would help parents and students arrive at intelligent and optimal decisions about their future.
Entrepreneurship Development Program
Entrepreneurship Development is achieved by organizing seminars on opportunities, scope and various schemes available, by the authorities of
- Department of Small Scale Industries
- State Financial Corporation
- Leading Financial Institutions
- District Industries
Successful Entrepreneurs are invited to share their experiences and to offer suggestions and guidance to the students.
To ensure the excellence of students’ performance at competitive examinations for pursuing higher studies, the following programs are undertaken:
- Coaching for GRE, TOEFL and GMAT for students going abroad
- Coaching for professional post-graduate entrance examinations like GATE
- Guidance for pursuing Civil Services Exams
- Guidance for National and State-level MBA entrance examination